What is the Science Office Creative and innovative ideas
About the Science Office
Science moves forward at an incredible pace and it is now more a part of our everyday lives than ever before. The ways in which science is communicated are changing; as new formats and content are developed, the technical challenges in the conception of communication products increase. These are undeniable realities. Undeniable too is the need to bring science closer to the public by effective use of communication, capable of competing for the attention and time of citizens in an era when people are often flooded with information.
The Science Office combines science with communication and brings the scientific message to different publics, through original channels and contemporary languages. Messages will reach not only the usual public for these kinds of products (scientists, students, teachers, people with a general interest in science), but also the so-called “general audience” , a more unusual target for this area.
The Science Office is a network of professionals with excellent skill-sets in communication, science, and everything in between. The Science Office team is flexible enough to operate in a vast number of areas, yet homogeneous enough to manage an effective synergy between the many disciplines that are present in its projects.
To promote scientific and technological culture, using innovative communication and outreach skills, making a bridge between the scientific community and different publics.
The Science Office will be one of Europe’s leading companies in science communication, visualisation and outreach.
• To improve the public awareness of science and technology;
• To support the scientific community in its efforts to engage with the public;
• To serve the scientific community, journalists, teachers, and laypeople with the best possible science communication products, as efficiently as possible, and adapt our strategies to suit the needs of the target group whenever needed;
• To help scientific companies and institutions find solutions to clearly communicate complex data and information to various stakeholders;
• To create new cutting-edge trends in Europe’s science communication;
• To contribute towards strengthening the European and global science communication community.
Scientific accuracy: this is the basis of competent and credible science communication and will always be assured by scientific consultancy in the areas covered by the different projects.
Scientific ethics: as crucial in science communication as the standards of conduct for scientists in their professional endeavours;
Client-orientated projects: each project and client will be considered unique and their needs and specificities will be the main focus of our work.